Betty's Blog » Women over 40 years of age
There is a new oil on the block that contains 60 percent more antioxidants than argan oil (bye-bye wrinkles and sun damaged skin!) Welcome MARULA OIL as the new skin care product that is sweeping the market of anti-aging products that really work.
Marula Oil is harvested in South Africa from the nut inside the marula fruit and plays nicely with your skin…healing and hydrating it without clogging or irritating it. How? It contains a high amount of antioxidants and essential fatty acids like omegas 6 and omega 9 which protect your skin from environmental aggressors such as sun, pollution, wind, etc. All of these can cause premature aging and wrinkling of your skin. These antioxidants and fatty acids absorb deeper and more easily into your skin, since the molecules are much smaller than traditional hydrating oils. Thicker oils on the market will sit on top of your skin and lock existing moisture in.
Basically, it's got everything we want in an oil and then some—MARULA OIL. Make it a part of your daily skin care regimen!
Peptides vs Retinol in skin care products? Which one is more important?
Peptides and Retinol are the two ingredients that are really recommended to have as an ingredient when you’re buying skin care products. But, which one of these two are actually the best ingredient and gives the healthiest skin? Here are the facts around peptides and retinol to answer this question.
Peptides are one of the most important ingredients for any anti-aging skin care product. However, peptides are more beneficial for healing scars and scratches without any scarring. Normally, with the peptides, glycolic acid and salicylic acid are also two ingredients that will work together in fighting the appearance of aging.
Peptides can also be used to reduce the appearances of wrinkles because of aging. What peptides are doing to the skin is actually natural skin signals that stimulate the reproduction of collagen and elastin. These are two proteins that the skin depends on to be healthy and smooth. When you use a skin care product with peptides as an ingredient, you will have stronger, thicker skin that can reduce the aging process, and even scars in your face that you might have.
Retinol is a form of Vitamin A that you also can find in anti-aging skin care products. Retinol is mostly used in anti-wrinkle creams because it really reduces the appearance of wrinkles, especially the wrinkles around the eyes and mouth.
Retinol smooths the skin and also triggers the reproduction of collagen and elastin, which normally slows down as we’re getting older. It penetrates our skin very deeply, and starts working to make more collagen and elastin. You will start seeing the results very fast. The results will be a much smoother skin with less wrinkles.
Which one is really more important?
Because they are basically doing the same thing, it really doesn’t matter which one you’re going to use in your skin care products. The only thing that you should consider is the fact that with the peptides, you can heal damage skin like scars or scratches, which you can’t do with retinol.
However, the other side is that retinol will be the main ingredient in most of the anti-wrinkle creams, no matter what brand you’re buying. Answering the question of which one is really more important, the answer is that they are both important.
They have mostly the same functions, and with the peptides, you will frequently find glycolic acid and salicylic acid that’s important for anti-aging and a healthy looking skin.
Some people may prefer using Peptides, while others prefer Retinol. Both of these ingredients are important and are great anti-aging ingredients that you should look for. And, if you’re having problems with scars and scratches on your face, you might want to try peptides first. They are a great product to heal old wounds and scars faster. But you won’t make a mistake in using skin care products that have Peptides or Retinol as ingredients, especially if you’re looking for the best anti-aging products.
Shop TODAY for products with Peptides in our Amazon Store.
Move over COCONUT OIL! STEP ASIDE ARGAN OIL! There is a new miracle product in town…going mainstream and becoming our new favorite product! MARULA OIL!
The skin care industry is singing its praises for this “wonder” oil, with all its beautifying benefits. Marula oil is an all-natural, cold pressed, highly nutritious, very light textured oil. It is fast absorbing and naturally soothing making it suitable for all skin types, both young and old. The edible fruit pulp and oil are completely organic and all natural. The marula fruit resembles a pineapple, but has four times more Vitamin C than grapefruits or oranges. Basically, it has everything you would want in an oil… and then some. Marula oil has up to 60% more antioxidants than all other oils, including argan.
Today’s modern scientific research reveals and confirms the secrets of Marula Oil. It has powerful antioxidants, and high concentrations of nutrients and essential fatty acids that protect against environmental damages to the skin and boost cellular activity at its deepest level.
It works for every skin type: Whether you have dry, oily or sensitive skin…doesn’t matter. Marula Oil works on women of all skin types and ethnicity. It is always soothing, fast absorbing and never leaves a greasy residue.
It balances moisture levels: Marula Oil fights off free radicals that threaten to age and damage your complexion. Whether used on its own, or added to a skin care product, it will lock in moisture without leaving a greasy or thick residue. Note: Add a few drops of oil to your foundation for a more moisturized skin benefit.
It softens: Your skin will be ultra-smooth to the touch when applying Marula Oil. It helps skin maintain a silky texture by hydrating and reversing the damages of dry and rough skin.
It is anti-aging: This “miracle” oil is full of fatty acids and omega oils, as well as Vitamins E and C. We all know that Vitamins E and C work together to fight off and repair free radicals, which cause premature aging of your skin. They also improve the elasticity of your skin while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
It fights acne, as well as treats blemishes and scars: Due to its high levels of oleic and linoleic acids, pure marula oil can be super effective in treating redness, dry skin, allergic contact dermatitis, eczema, psoriasis and more. It can also reduce the size and appearance of blemishes, as well as the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
NEED I SAY MORE???
If you are like me, I get hungry in between meals at work and always need something to snack on. It is always easy to grab the chips or cookies because they are so convenient, but not easy on your waistline, or even your skin! Good skin comes from good eating habits, as well as a good skin care regimen. Here are some suggestions for easy office snacks to energize you as well as feed your body and the skin you need to nourish!
- Veggie Sticks: These are a great go-to snack. Pick seasonal, organic and local veggies and slice them up for grabbing.
- Hummus: You can dip those veggies in the hummus, as well as crackers for a healthier choice.
- Trail Mix: Make your own favorite trail mix of raw almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, dried fruit and whatever else you want to add to satisfy your taste buds. Maybe a little dark chocolate, too.
- Dates: This wonderful fruit is full of fiber and nutrients, and will satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Fresh Fruit: This is a given. Fruit is so easy to take along and convenient. Grapes, bananas, apples, pears and blueberries are easily carried around in your purse or bag, and they are not messy.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is fun and delicious. Add nuts to get more fiber and protein.
- Almond Butter: Pair this with all your fruits and crackers for a very appetizing snack.
- Green Tea: I can’t say enough of this antioxidant. It is great for your body, your skin, and giving you a little pep mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Drink it hot or cold, with a little lemon.
- Ginger Ale: Don’t keep making trips to the soda machine when you want a little pick-me-up or you are craving the “fizz”. You can drink ginger ale (homemade if you can) or you can add lemons, limes, oranges, cucumbers, etc. to some seltzer water for a refreshing, healthy drink.
- Sandwich Wraps: Make yourself a sandwich with your all-time favorite ingredients (spinach, carrots, bell peppers, chickpeas, or whatever on a whole-grain tortilla.
- Avocados: Slice one open with some salt and pepper and you are good to go…or add it in with your sandwich and veggie sticks.
- Plain Yogurt: Always choose plain yogurt and add in your own fresh ingredients to cut down on added sugar.
- Pretzels and Whole Grain Crackers: Sometimes I just want to crunch! Get some of these so you won’t reach for the chips and other unnecessary carbs.
- Peanut or Almond Butter Balls: These are one my absolute favorite snacks of ALL time! Mix equal parts peanut butter, oatmeal, honey and protein powder (if desired) for a very filling and satiating snack. I sometimes add some dark chocolate morsels or coconut flakes with flax seeds for even more fiber. Make them as big or small as you like!
- Green Smoothie: Get out that blender and add some spinach, kale, squash, blueberries, grapes, pineapple, bananas, and anything else you might want to add to your healthy menu for the day! Add some juice, water or almond milk, and blend. This is one of the most potent, antioxidant drinks around. So much fiber and delicious antioxidants. Your body and your skin will love you for it!
TIPS TO HELP BRIGHTEN YOUR COMPLEXION
We all desire a healthy, bright complexion. If you are fortunate enough to have clear skin…then it is one less thing you have to feel insecure about. If your complexion is dull, it is harder to feel good about yourself…HOWEVER…there is good news! A brighter complexion IS attainable. Take a look at your diet, your lifestyle, and your daily skin care regimen and find out what could be causing your dull skin.
EAT THE RIGHT FOODS - you are what you eat. We all use to hear this when we were younger. Ah… but words of wisdom are wasted on the young. At least that was in my case. However, this saying is really true. You can’t put bad gas in your car and expect it to run properly. In the same sense, you cannot continue bad eating habits and expect your skin AND your body to respond in a positive manner. What you put into your body will definitely have an effect on your health and your appearance.
MINIMIZE ALCOHOL – While alcohol in moderation can be somewhat healthy for your body, it can also dehydrate and dull your skin. When consumed on a regular basis, alcohol can increase the blood flow to the skin’s surface which results in a flushed appearance that over time can be permanent. Try to keep alcohol intake to a minimum.
EXFOLIATE YOUR SKIN – No matter how hard you try, dead skin cannot be moisturized. Dead skin is dead, dry and flaky. It does not go away until you have sloughed it off. Exfoliating your skin is a key to a brighter complexion. Several ways to exfoliate are:
. Daily using a washcloth for gentle exfoliation
. Using an exfoliation treatment product
. Microdermabrasion or a skin care brush for deeper exfoliation
Daily exfoliation consistently sloughs off the dead skin cells and leads to a brighter complexion
START YOUR DAY WITH VITAMIN C – Of course Vitamin C in orange juice is healthy and nourishing for the body, but Vitamin C as a topical serum on your face is an excellent anti-aging product. It is packed with antioxidants to nourish and increase cellular turnover in your skin. This turnover will give you a more youthful, supple glow. Try our Vitamin C Serum.
BOOST YOUR SKIN’S MOISTURE LEVEL – Every day you should wash your face morning and night…women and men both. Women need to get rid of their makeup and men have dirt and oil build-up on their skin’s surface which clogs pores and causes breakouts. After washing, your skin always needs a dose of hydration with a moisturizer. Use a daytime moisturizer and a nighttime moisturizer. Wash and moisturize…wash and moisturize…ALWAYS.
USE A WEEKLY FACE MASK – There are face masks for all types of skin…from dry to oily. Masking your face can slough off dead skin cells, brighten your skin, and restore your skin to a well-balanced and hydrated state.
BRIGHTEN YOUR SKIN WITH GOOD MAKEUP CHOICES – Don’t drown your skin in heavy liquid or cream foundations. If you attain a healthy, glowing complexion by following the previous steps, your skin will shine through. You will want the natural health and youthful glow that you have worked hard to achieve.