Betty's Blog » Vitamin C Serum Hyaluronic Acid
Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” We all know this mode of expression and know exactly what it means. However, you can take this idiom literally in how you take care of the health of your skin and make the aging process a lot easier. We all know that, at first sight, we are basically judged on how we look. With the right skin care products, we can all look healthy and beautiful, no matter who is looking and who is judging! Here are several ways to have healthy skin that radiates a youthful appearance and glows with less sagging and wrinkles.
Best possible skin care products
We all know that when we go to a store or online to buy skin care products, there are so many different brands to choose from. It can be hard and frustrating to find the one skin care product that will be the best among all the other products. The first mistake that so many women make is the fact that they are trying to buy the cheapest type of product they can find. The cheapest product isn’t always the best product. Sometimes you need to spend a little extra money to make sure that you’re buying the best products, and not just the cheapest ones.
Spotting the best products from the rest
Many women struggle trying to figure out which products would work best for them. If you learn what the different ingredients are and which ones are the best for you, your age and your type of skin, then you will not struggle to find the best products for your face. For example: With anti-aging creams, you need to look for specific ingredients to know that this product is a great anti-aging cream that will deliver the results you are looking for. Doing your homework and researching about all the different ingredients will make it easier to buy the best products that will make a difference in the appearance of your skin.
Beauty is more than just beautiful skin that is glowing and healthy. Just buying skin care products isn’t enough to start looking great and feeling beautiful. You need to start from the inside out. Create a great lifestyle that is healthy. Start exercising, eating healthier and… smile a lot more…even if you know that smiling is going to give you a few wrinkles! You now have the knowledge to buy the best anti-wrinkle creams to cover up those wrinkles caused my smiling. Changing your lifestyle and focusing on being happy yourself is the one thing that no one can take away from you!
A balanced life
Having a balanced life is really important to look your best. As we age, wrinkles appear and skin sags, and yes…it gets harder and harder to try to look and feel beautiful. It is frustrating and tiring to continue to constantly be trying to “turn back the clock”. But, with the right skin care products, you can slow this process down a bit and become the beautiful person (inside and out) you were meant to be. If you don’t feel beautiful, it shows. When you are happy and taking care of yourself…that shows. Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but if you take care of yourself from the inside out, you will be beautiful no matter what.
If you are like me, I get hungry in between meals at work and always need something to snack on. It is always easy to grab the chips or cookies because they are so convenient, but not easy on your waistline, or even your skin! Good skin comes from good eating habits, as well as a good skin care regimen. Here are some suggestions for easy office snacks to energize you as well as feed your body and the skin you need to nourish!
- Veggie Sticks: These are a great go-to snack. Pick seasonal, organic and local veggies and slice them up for grabbing.
- Hummus: You can dip those veggies in the hummus, as well as crackers for a healthier choice.
- Trail Mix: Make your own favorite trail mix of raw almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, dried fruit and whatever else you want to add to satisfy your taste buds. Maybe a little dark chocolate, too.
- Dates: This wonderful fruit is full of fiber and nutrients, and will satisfy your sweet tooth!
- Fresh Fruit: This is a given. Fruit is so easy to take along and convenient. Grapes, bananas, apples, pears and blueberries are easily carried around in your purse or bag, and they are not messy.
- Popcorn: Popcorn is fun and delicious. Add nuts to get more fiber and protein.
- Almond Butter: Pair this with all your fruits and crackers for a very appetizing snack.
- Green Tea: I can’t say enough of this antioxidant. It is great for your body, your skin, and giving you a little pep mid-morning or mid-afternoon. Drink it hot or cold, with a little lemon.
- Ginger Ale: Don’t keep making trips to the soda machine when you want a little pick-me-up or you are craving the “fizz”. You can drink ginger ale (homemade if you can) or you can add lemons, limes, oranges, cucumbers, etc. to some seltzer water for a refreshing, healthy drink.
- Sandwich Wraps: Make yourself a sandwich with your all-time favorite ingredients (spinach, carrots, bell peppers, chickpeas, or whatever on a whole-grain tortilla.
- Avocados: Slice one open with some salt and pepper and you are good to go…or add it in with your sandwich and veggie sticks.
- Plain Yogurt: Always choose plain yogurt and add in your own fresh ingredients to cut down on added sugar.
- Pretzels and Whole Grain Crackers: Sometimes I just want to crunch! Get some of these so you won’t reach for the chips and other unnecessary carbs.
- Peanut or Almond Butter Balls: These are one my absolute favorite snacks of ALL time! Mix equal parts peanut butter, oatmeal, honey and protein powder (if desired) for a very filling and satiating snack. I sometimes add some dark chocolate morsels or coconut flakes with flax seeds for even more fiber. Make them as big or small as you like!
- Green Smoothie: Get out that blender and add some spinach, kale, squash, blueberries, grapes, pineapple, bananas, and anything else you might want to add to your healthy menu for the day! Add some juice, water or almond milk, and blend. This is one of the most potent, antioxidant drinks around. So much fiber and delicious antioxidants. Your body and your skin will love you for it!
There is something to be said about being content and satisfied in our everyday life. Outside influences affect us and cause stress on our skin and our health in many different ways. If we can learn to relax, put the negative segments of our life in their own separate box, and create new ”meaningful moments,” memories, and life experiences, we would find our everyday life to be richer and more rewarding.
Here are some ways to make a difference in your sphere of influence and possible find a new and more meaningful direction.
- Make meals for someone after a surgery
- Teach someone to read, to sew, or to cook
- Coach a youth sport
- Donate kitchen supplies you don’t use
- Clean someone’s home
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Take a pet to a nursing home
- Become a big brother
- Repair someone’s home
- Raise money for a family in need
- Give blood
- Babysit for a single parent
- Mow someone’s lawn
- Pick up trash on the highway
- Plant a garden for someone
- Serve a meal at a homeless shelter
- Foster a pet
- Visit a children’s hospital
- Create a website for a charity
- Lead recreational activities at a retirement home
So pick just one or maybe two of these suggestions and get started with enriching your life by enriching life for others. Guaranteed it will lift your spirits, build some positive life experiences, and your stress level will decrease. Everyone wants to feel productive and needed…and these are just a few ways you can accomplish that!
TIPS TO HELP BRIGHTEN YOUR COMPLEXION
We all desire a healthy, bright complexion. If you are fortunate enough to have clear skin…then it is one less thing you have to feel insecure about. If your complexion is dull, it is harder to feel good about yourself…HOWEVER…there is good news! A brighter complexion IS attainable. Take a look at your diet, your lifestyle, and your daily skin care regimen and find out what could be causing your dull skin.
EAT THE RIGHT FOODS - you are what you eat. We all use to hear this when we were younger. Ah… but words of wisdom are wasted on the young. At least that was in my case. However, this saying is really true. You can’t put bad gas in your car and expect it to run properly. In the same sense, you cannot continue bad eating habits and expect your skin AND your body to respond in a positive manner. What you put into your body will definitely have an effect on your health and your appearance.
MINIMIZE ALCOHOL – While alcohol in moderation can be somewhat healthy for your body, it can also dehydrate and dull your skin. When consumed on a regular basis, alcohol can increase the blood flow to the skin’s surface which results in a flushed appearance that over time can be permanent. Try to keep alcohol intake to a minimum.
EXFOLIATE YOUR SKIN – No matter how hard you try, dead skin cannot be moisturized. Dead skin is dead, dry and flaky. It does not go away until you have sloughed it off. Exfoliating your skin is a key to a brighter complexion. Several ways to exfoliate are:
. Daily using a washcloth for gentle exfoliation
. Using an exfoliation treatment product
. Microdermabrasion or a skin care brush for deeper exfoliation
Daily exfoliation consistently sloughs off the dead skin cells and leads to a brighter complexion
START YOUR DAY WITH VITAMIN C – Of course Vitamin C in orange juice is healthy and nourishing for the body, but Vitamin C as a topical serum on your face is an excellent anti-aging product. It is packed with antioxidants to nourish and increase cellular turnover in your skin. This turnover will give you a more youthful, supple glow. Try our Vitamin C Serum.
BOOST YOUR SKIN’S MOISTURE LEVEL – Every day you should wash your face morning and night…women and men both. Women need to get rid of their makeup and men have dirt and oil build-up on their skin’s surface which clogs pores and causes breakouts. After washing, your skin always needs a dose of hydration with a moisturizer. Use a daytime moisturizer and a nighttime moisturizer. Wash and moisturize…wash and moisturize…ALWAYS.
USE A WEEKLY FACE MASK – There are face masks for all types of skin…from dry to oily. Masking your face can slough off dead skin cells, brighten your skin, and restore your skin to a well-balanced and hydrated state.
BRIGHTEN YOUR SKIN WITH GOOD MAKEUP CHOICES – Don’t drown your skin in heavy liquid or cream foundations. If you attain a healthy, glowing complexion by following the previous steps, your skin will shine through. You will want the natural health and youthful glow that you have worked hard to achieve.