Betty's Blog » iodine
Wrinkling is a natural part of aging, but…you can still slow the process down by taking good care of your skin. Good exfoliation and hydration is key in combating fine lines and wrinkles. Your skin regenerates about every 28 days. As new skin cells are made…old, dead skin cells rise to the outer layers of your skin. Some of these dead skin cells fall off, but others stick to the surface of the skin. These dead skin cells build up on your skin and wreak havoc on your complexion. They contribute to breakouts, larger looking pores, and give your skin a dull, drab appearance. Removing these dead skin cells is a must in your daily skin care regimen. When you exfoliate your skin properly, hydration and circulation will improve, thus minimizing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Your skin will become smoother and firmer.
Choosing a proper face mask for this task is essential. Women want a product that WORKS - women want a product that will DO what it claims. Cynergy Health Science has formulated such a product. Our Marula Masque is an Anti-Aging Face Mask made up of a potent mixture of Marula Oil, Papain (papaya enzyme), Niacin, Hyaluronic Acid and Dead Sea Silt…all cutting edge ingredients. The Marula Enzyme Face Masque with Papain rejuvenates and effectively restores your skin to a well-balanced and hydrated state, while improving circulation and regeneration of your skin. It is a natural and organic face mask that will help minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving skin tone and firmness.
Marula Oil is a fast absorbing, lightweight oil and has a non-greasy texture. It contains four times as much vitamin C as oranges which helps to improve skin’s elasticity and helps your skin cells to renew and become more resilient. The key to Marula’s outstanding performance is its fine molecular structure which contributes to its effectiveness not only as a skin hydrator but also as a protector. Marula Oil is non-comedogenic and has anti-microbial properties which can help heal and reduce acne blemishes and scarring. This multipurpose oil contains powerful antioxidants, high concentrations of nutrients and essential fatty acids that protect against environmental aggressors, help reverse photo-damage, boost cellular activity, hydrate at the deepest levels and repair the skin. Marula Oil is rich in essential fatty acids Omega 9 - oleic and Omega 6 - linoleic that deeply hydrate and reduce redness while nourishing, healing, moisturizing and improving skin elasticity. Marula Oil helps reduce transepidermal water loss and increases the smoothness of skin. Easily absorbed, Marula Oil supports the natural buildup of the skin’s lipid layers and possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
Papain, taken from the fruit of the papaya tree, is one of nature’s best anti-inflammatories and skin exfoliators. It is abundant in natural alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA) and acts as a gentle exfoliator as well as a skin brightener. Your skin builds up dead skin cells daily, giving your skin that dull, grayish look. Too much exposure to sun also causes clumps of these dead skin cells to form into those telltale ugly dark “age” spots. Whenever you exfoliate the dark, dead skin cells, the skin will appear lighter, brighter, clearer, and more youthful looking. Papain works to break down the inactive protein of dead skin cells that accumulate on your skin’s surface and works wonders on tired, “old” looking skin. (Papain is commonly used in cooking to tenderize meat because of its ability to break down protein)! The papain enzyme reduces wrinkles by modulating the collagen and elastic fibers in the dermis. It is high in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and also contains Vitamin E, so it has a significant antioxidant value. Applying the papain enzyme to your skin has an amazing tightening, as well as brightening effect.
Niacin is also known as Vitamin B3, a wonder ingredient said to promote cell turnover, repair sun damaged skin, and strengthen the skin barrier. It is a wonderful multi-tasking ingredient! It has the ability to help reverse sun damage and improve the skin in so many different ways. Studies have shown that products with niacin have the ability to stimulate DNA repair by essentially “rewiring” the cell’s makeup and creating a “healthy blueprint” that generates newer, healthier skin cells. Niacin can speed up cell metabolism and skin cell turnover, increase wound-healing, and decrease the appearance of hyperpigmentation. In regards to hydration, Niacin helps improve the skin’s natural barrier, making it stronger and allowing it to have a better defense against moisture loss by boosting the ceramide production (the skin lipids that retain water) of the skin.
Hyaluronic acid is an amazing humectant that holds one thousand times its weight in water. This is important with regard to aging because one of the hallmarks of youthful looking skin is its moisture content. As we age, our skin loses moisture, resulting in a loss of firmness and pliability. You can think of hyaluronic acid as a wafer sponge that fills and plumps out your skin…it is a skin-identical ingredient. Unfortunately, it is too large a molecule to travel into the dermis of the skin - so it sits on the surface layer or the epidermis, where it is a good moisturizing ingredient. Hyaluronic can improve your skin’s moisture content and at the same time strengthen skin’s barrier; that is, the outer layers of your skin. A healthy skin barrier looks and feels softer, smoother, and plumper…all hallmarks of younger-looking skin! But, with hyaluronic acid, that’s not all you get…there are many additional benefits beyond just a more youthful appearance. Hyaluronic acid also provides antioxidant defense against free-radical damage and reduces inflammation. Its lightweight texture isn’t an issue for oily skin, and it is gentle enough that it isn’t a problem for sensitive skin. We know that just about everything, from sun damage and acne to sensitive skin and rosacea, can lead to a damaged barrier, so repairing skin’s barrier with a skin-identical ingredient like hyaluronic acid can go a long way towards giving you more healthier, glowing skin!
Dead Sea Silt
Ordinary salt is largely sodium chloride, which is very dehydrating. Mineral salt, such as Dead Sea Salt, is rich in magnesium and calcium, which improve hydration by strengthening the barrier function of the skin. Salt has the effect of reproducing an environment in balance with your skin so that your skin doesn't leak out moisture. It takes dead skin cells off the surface of the skin and does it very gently, leaving the skin smoother and more able to absorb moisture and nutrients. Dead Sea Salts contain 21 minerals, including magnesium, calcium, sulfur, bromide, iodine, sodium, zinc and potassium. These essential minerals naturally occur in our bodies, but are lost throughout the day, so they need to be replenished. These minerals treat, detoxify, and cleanse our bodies.
- Magnesium:Promotes quick healing of skin tissue and is essential for cell metabolism. It provides the skin’s surface with anti-allergic elements.
- Bromide:Soothes skin, relaxes body muscles, and calms nerves. Repairs skin cells to restore vitality to the complexion and can be used as a natural antibiotic.
- Iodine: Important for the correct functioning of the thyroid gland and aids in the body's metabolic exchanges. It helps flush your system of toxins like lead and mercury to keep your body healthy. Promotes hair growth and is a natural disinfectant,
- Sulfur: Improves acne by resolving scars, removing toxins from the skin, and creating healthy new skin cells. When you have enough sulfur in your body, your skin and hair are more flexible, softer, and smoother.
- Potassium: Regulates the nervous system and helps balance moisture in the skin and body. If your skin does not produce enough new cells, it will appear cracked and dull. Potassium absorbs the water molecules from the environment and hydrates the skin, thus aiding in the reduction of water retention and in the nourishment of cells. Apart from keeping the cells hydrated, potassium also supports the growth of new skin cells.
- Calcium: Strengthens bones and teeth. Also strengthens cell membranes and cleanses pores. Calcium in the epidermis helps the body regulate how fast it generates new skin cells to replace old ones and how quickly it sheds old skin cells. Skin that does not have enough calcium stored in the epidermis may appear fragile, thin and dry. The appearance is caused by the lack of calcium to spur new skin growth or to let go of dead skin cells.
- Sodium: Powerful detoxifying agent, helping cells retain nourishment and expel waste. Relieves stiffness and muscle cramps.
- Zinc: Known to protect the skin against sunburn and windburn when applied topically. Zinc is like a 24-hour, on-call skin mechanic. It helps repair damaged tissues and heal wounds. Without zinc, your body's inside and outside repair time go up. Some research suggests that zinc might be particularly effective in treating topical irritations and injuries, such as acne, skin sores and minor wounds, by helping cells to regenerate.
All these minerals play an important role in our health and provide many benefits. They have incredible properties on their own, and when combined, they are known to treat and heal many common conditions. Magnesium, calcium, sodium, and potassium are critical for proper communication between the cells. They help “restart” the signaling processes that slow down with age, so they need to be replenished often. In addition, scientists have classified these minerals as “natural moisturizing factors” for the way they support the skin's water balance. When combined with warm water, these minerals increase blood flow, while pulling moisture and minerals in, thus keeping skin youthful…energized…and healthy.
Women today are making wiser choices in skincare by choosing more natural and organic skin care products. Cynergy Health Science has formulated a mask with all these cutting edge ingredients that will naturally and effectively exfoliate and hydrate your skin. As we approach the natural process of aging…and wrinkles form…we can still slow the process down by taking good care of our skin. Start exfoliating with Marula Mask with Papain Enzyme and see the difference it will make!